Tuesday 24 May 2016

Goodluck Jonathan speaks from Cote d’Ivoire, denies being on Exile

Leave a Comment
Former Nigerian President, Goodluck Jonathan called Thisday newspapers yesterday night, denying claims by the media house that he was in Cote d'Ivoire on a self-imposed exile for fear of being arrested by EFCC operatives. Goodluck Jonathan quotes:




“Yes I am in Cote d’Ivoire, I have been here for a week resting and this is my second trip to the country since I stepped down as president. I have made sacrifices for Nigeria. I am praised all over Africa for averting bloodshed and for the peaceful transition from one government to another, but it seems Nigeria does not appreciate my efforts. I have done my best for this country and if I have to die for it, I will do so. However, I am taking it easy here (Cote d’Ivoire) and when I am ready, I will come back,” he said 
SHARE THIS NEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE SOCIAL NETWORK!

0 comments:

Post a Comment