Saturday 17 September 2016

John Cena Finally Reveals What He Told The Rock At WrestleMania 29

Leave a Comment
John Cena and The Rock at WrestleMania 29
It has been nearly four years since John Cena concluded his feud with The Rock on the grandest stage of them all at WrestleMania 29. Cena came out on top against the People’s Champion in an entertaining bout, however, one mystery remained as what exactly he told him in the ring following the match.

In a recent Q&A at Salt Lake City Comic Con, the 15-time world champion finally revealed what he said.

“I actually told him that he had taken a picture with me when I was an employee at Gold’s Gym back in the year 2000 when The Rock was like, meteoric. He didn’t need to pay any attention to anyone but people who could possibly do things for him, and here’s this low level employee at Gold’s Gym, wowed by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. I went up to him and asked if we could take a picture together, and he gave me the picture, and he gave me some advice on how to further my career, and he didn’t have to.

“I held him close and I said, ‘You’re never gonna remember this but you took a picture with me in 2000, it helped me stand here today, and if it weren’t for you I wouldn’t be here today.’ Then I thanked him very much for all he’s done for the industry, and for all he’s done for me, and then we went backstage and had a shot together in celebration.”

Cena has always proven himself to be a classy act that knows when to recognize what past greats like The Rock have done to open the door for more wrestlers. The Brahma Bull has been arguably the most influential
superstar that the WWE has ever had with his ventures away from the ring.

He has become the largest grossing actor in the United States this year which just goes to show how far he has come in that aspect of his career. Meanwhile, Cena has in his own right become a legend in the WWE having been the face of the business for the last decade while achieving a great amount of success. He has also represented the company well even in his gigs away from the ring. That said, all of this can be jettisoned back to the tremendous impact The Rock has had on the WWE and continues to make with everything he does.
SHARE THIS NEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE SOCIAL NETWORK!

0 comments:

Post a Comment