Monday 26 September 2016

Arsene Wenger will not read new book containing Jose Mourinho's 'break his face' threat

Leave a Comment
Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho exchange hands
Arsène Wenger has said he does not plan to read a new book on Jose Mourinho, which alleges that the Portuguese manager once promised to ‘break Wenger’s face’.

The pair famously do not see eye-to-eye, with their tempestuous relations dating back to Mourinho’s arrival at Chelsea in 2004.

A new book by journalist Rob Beasley, titled Jose Mourinho: Up Close and Personal, now claims that Mourinho was so incensed with the Arsenal manager at one point, he vowed to 'break his face'.

Mourinho reportedly told Beasley: “When Mr Wenger criticises Chelsea and Man United over the deal with Mata… I will find him one day outside a football pitch and I will break his face.”

When for his reaction to the comment, Wenger said: “I haven’t read the book and I certainly will not read it,” he said. “I cannot comment on that. I talk about football.

“I am not in destructive mode, never. I’m more constructive.”

Mourinho’s comment relates to Chelsea’s sale of Juan Mata to Manchester United in January 2014.

The deal went through a week after the two clubs’ final league game against each other, and Wenger questioned the timing of the sale.

Mourinho, now manager of United, famously clashed with Wenger on the touchline during Arsenal’s defeat at Stamford Bridge later that year.

On the confrontation, Mourinho tells Beasley: “I told him, ‘here you do that, you know I can’t react, but one day I will meet you in the street’.”
SHARE THIS NEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE SOCIAL NETWORK!

0 comments:

Post a Comment